Happy Eco-Days: How to Stay Green During the Holidays
With all the joy and excitement during the holidays sometimes we forget to stay consistent with all our sustainable practices. We put together some tips to help you stay green during all the parties and celebrations. Let's end the year strong!
- Purchase all grocery needs from your local farmer's market
- Save leftovers for future meals. You can freeze your leftovers and you can find recipes like THIS to make them even better the second time around. Ask your guests to bring their own reusable containers if they'd like to take it off your hands
- Your scraps don't have to be trash! Turn those little pieces into a hearty and delicious soup using some garlic peels or onion tops. You can also create a compost pile with all the leftover scraps of food
- Wear Whimsy + Row at all your holiday events! When someone compliments you, you can school them on sustainable fashion. Shop HERE
- Choose LED lights instead of incandescent lights
- Unplug or set a timer for your festive indoor lights when you are not home
- Read a product’s label to determine its recyclability and whether or not it’s made from recycled materials. Buying products made from recycled materials supports manufacturers of such products and fosters markets for those materials
- Be creative with your wrapping! We have been reusing materials that we've saved over the year like cardboard boxes, tissue paper, excess fabric scraps, dust bags, jars, and dried flowers. We love this article on ECO CULT on eco gift wrapping
- Consider gifts that don't require packing. Many retailers offer virtual gift cards and you can give the amazing gift of an experience like tickets to a show or a scenic tour through sources like Groupon. Don't forget we offer E-GIFT CARDS :)
- Use recycled greeting cards. Most cardmakers have started using only recycled paper, but there are so many that don't. Our MOGLEA CARDS are both recycled and incredibly adorable
- Recycle your tree! Simply search for local Christmas tree recycling in your city online
Lookbook — Bridesmaids on the Beach
'Tis the season for love. Let's celebrate sustainably in vegan silk. Our newest Dress, the Danielle Dress features adjustable tie straps that can be worn multiple ways. Our highly coveted Valentina Top now comes in silky...
Spring Fling Event Recap
Last weekend, we kicked off Earth Month with a Spring Fling! In an effort to help our community take steps towards a zero waste lifestyle, we invited our friends to bring old clothes + beauty empties...
Spring Fling Event
Join us in celebrating Earth Month! Sunday April 2nd 11am - 4pm 12801 Venice Blvd. Sips and crudités bites will be provided from our friends at Nour, Sunny Fine Foods, Nomadia Wines, Soonish + Boochcraft. We'll...