Hey there! Here at Whimsy + Row we love to craft and dream up new DIY projects. All we have on our minds right now is…”put a plant in it”. Always finding new gadgets and gismos to drill holes in and this time we found vintage bread pans. Since our conventional ovens are a bit too small to use them and let’s be honest who has the time to make 5 loafs of bread, we decided to put some new cactus friends in it!
So here is how it’s made…
- Venture to a nearby flea market or internet browser and search for an industrial metal bread pan. Buy it!
- Pick up an assortment of young succulents and a bag of cactus soil
- Next, take your new pan to the sink and scrub it down
- Then grab a drill and take it outside along with your soil and new succulent friends
- Drill along the center of each loaf pan three times, make sure they are evenly spaced
- Then the gardening begins! Take each succulent out of it’s plastic planter and place it in it’s new home
- Grab some soil and add it around the plants, just enough to fill the pan
- Lastly, feed it some water, let it drain, and find it a new home